The lunar cycle is represented by four phases, one of which is the full moon. This is the moment when the earth satellite is turned to the planet with a hemisphere illuminated by sunlight and takes the image of a full disk. What will be the full moon on March 21, 2019 and when to meet him?
Full March Moon
Schematic image of the full moon
As we have already indicated, the March full moon falls on the 21st. To be more precise, it is worth meeting him in the morning - 04:42 (Moscow time). Interestingly, it comes a few hours after the beginning of the vernal equinox (00:58). An equinox is an astronomical event when a sun cent crosses the line of the celestial equator. In a particular case, the heavenly body moves from the southern hemisphere to the northern.
The full moon is formed due to the movement of the Earth around the Sun and the movement of the Earth's satellite around our planet. Phase occurs when three objects line up. Moreover, the plane drawn through the celestial bodies will be perpendicular to the plane of the ecliptic.
Comparison of apparent lunar size at perigee and apogee
Interestingly, this is also the moment of the super-moon (10% brighter than the average level of lunar luminosity) - the full moon coincides with the passage of the earth satellite at the perigee point (the maximum approach of the object to our planet). By the way, this is the closest coincidence of the full moon and the March equinox since 2000. This will happen only in March 2030.
How to observe?
Unlike solar events, no moonlight is required for viewing the moon. It is only important to find a clear sky and not to miss the morning event (wake up early). Of course, this moon will seem much bigger and brighter. But here the effect of the lunar illusion also works, if the satellite is located closer to the horizon (then it seems much larger).
If you can, take a telescope or binoculars. The fact is that the moon will be too bright and the features of its surface will be difficult to distinguish due to the lack of contrast. Special filters can be purchased to improve visibility.
Traditionally this full moon is called the Moon of the Worm. It's all about nature, because during this period the earth begins to soften and earthworms appear. This is a hint of universal awakening. But this is not the only name. For example, the indigenous people of Ontario nicknamed it Sugar Moon, because in the maple trees sap began to flow. And for the Cree people - “Eagle Moon”, as the birds returned after seasonal migration.
The full moon is ruled by Libra, which means that each of us will feel the need to behave in a more practical and rational way. Astrologers claim that our rationality will stifle romantic impulses. Basically, this is not bad, because it will be possible to soberly assess your own actions.
What you can do:
- Do not be afraid to act. You will feel an incredible surge of strength. To control it, you need to make a plan.
- tune in to change. Now it is better to listen to critical remarks, because they contain hints to improve your life.
- choose a positive. Focus on good news and avoid conflicts.
- loneliness. It is useful for at least 20 minutes to be in absolute silence. Take this time to better understand your own desires and deal with your thoughts.
What is forbidden:
- alcohol. Yes, in the full moon it is better to abandon alcoholic beverages. The fact is that in a sober state it will be extremely difficult for you to control your own emotions.
- conflicts. Any manifestation of negativity, quarrels and insults will result in problems in your life. And this attitude will remain for a long period.
- contact with money. If you have received a salary at this time, try not to spend it. No lending, loans and large-scale purchases. Give up on financial transactions, otherwise you risk losing a lot.
- responsibility. Concentrate on routine and routine tasks. If you charge extra work, you can not cope.
Be sure to enjoy the full moon disc in the morning sky. If possible, photograph an event, because during this period there is a chance to get amazing photos of a bright earth satellite.