The Hubble Space Telescope - one of the most famous and popular mechanisms celebrates its 25th anniversary in orbit.
Portal V-kosmose.com offers you a list of some of the activities of NASA and other organizations in honor of this holiday:
- The Hubble 2020 Scientific Conference, which takes place at the Space Telescope Research Institute. Beginning at noon on Thursday GMT. Live broadcast at www.stsci.edu/webcast
- On Thursday, from 9 am to 9:45 am, NASA EDT Administrator Charlie Bolden and other heads of organizations, including NASA Chief Scientist John Grunsfeld, a former astronaut who made eight spacewalks, will work at the Museum of Journalism and News in Washington, DC to present a special display of Hubble photographs. The event will be broadcast on NASA TV.
- An open lecture on Hubble’s discoveries and achievements will be held at the Lowell Observatory in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- The American Visionary Art Museum in Baltimore will present a light and sound exhibition entitled “The Carousel of Heaven”, created by German artist and composer Tim Roth.
- Arizona State University in Tempe will hold an open day. Among the activities scheduled: a planetary show, lectures and a telescope tour of the school.
- On the other side of the Atlantic, the University of Leicester in England will hold a free lecture entitled “The Universe through Multiple Lenses” "at 6:30 pm local time on Thursday.
- On Friday from 8 to 9 pm, a slide show of astronauts, scientists, engineers, technicians, teachers and staff who supported the Hubble mission will be held at the National Museum of the Smithsonian Institution of Aviation and Cosmonautics in Washington, DC The event is closed to the public, but will be broadcast on NASA TV.