Is the Earth really the first and only inhabited planet that appeared in our Galaxy?

Is the Earth really the first and only inhabited planet that appeared in our Galaxy?

At this moment, Earth is the only planet that we know where life is. Whether there are other habitable planets is a big mystery of our galaxy. With the development of technology, humanity has increasingly begun to think about the fact that there must be other developed civilizations. In the meantime, it looks like this: our planet is the only one in this corner of the universe.

It would seem, given the age of our universe, there must be other planets. Life on them can be the same as ours. It is even possible that they have advanced further in their technological development, but so far no clear evidence has been found. Where, then, are all these sensible aliens? This question is raised in the Fermi paradox, which refutes the possibility of their existence.

According to the latest data collected by the Hubble and Kepler space telescopes, perhaps our planet is the first such planet where life originated. And now you should not expect that we will open others, since our Universe would clearly not have enough time to create them.

According to a study that studies the probability of evolution of the inhabited worlds, it was suggested that our planet originated from the protoplanetary disk of our young Sun about 4, 6 billion years ago. At that time, there was only 8 percent chance that an inhabited planet would ever appear. This means that the Universe requires 92 percent of all the necessary materials it has to create a star with a rocky surface, and later on a planet with its own orbit and the possibility of life on it. “Our main motivation is to understand what place our Earth occupies in the context of the rest of the Universe,” said Peter Behruzi, a researcher at the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScl) institute in Baltimore, Maryland. “Compared to other planets that have ever existed in our Universe, our Earth was formed quite early,” said Peter Buhruzi.

The data provided to us by the Hubble telescope shows that our Universe massively created stars about 10 thousand billion years ago. Then the amount of hydrogen and helium involved in their production was very low compared to the amount of these star-forming gases that exist today.

“There is a sufficient amount of material left after the big bang for all new planets to appear in the future, both in the Milky Way and beyond,” said Molly Pipls, also from STScl.

By combining data from the Hubble telescope and the Kepler telescope, the researchers were able to form a picture of the potential of our galaxy to create habitable planets. This picture can be used as a model for a number of other inhabited worlds, possibly existing throughout the cosmos.

The first reports from the Kepler telescope were presented in 2009, we met with many rocky worlds revolving around other stars. Some of them are not too hot and not too cold, so there may well be liquid water.

Based on a small amount of information obtained using the Kepler telescope, scientists say that in the Milky Way there should be about 1 billion planets the size of our Earth, rotating in conditions in which life is possible. If we assume that there are 100 billion galaxies in the observable universe, then it can be argued that there are a huge number of habitable planets, such as Earth. And according to a new theoretical study, the production of planets has just begun. The life of our universe will continue for at least another 100 trillion years, so it still has a lot of time to create.

Using their observations, researchers predict that terrestrial rocky planets are likely to appear inside giant clusters of galaxies or dwarf galaxies. There should be a cluster of many gases involved in the formation of new stars. Alas, the amount of these gases is limited, so the creation of a star may not always occur.

Scientists note that, despite the fact that we are only at the beginning of the development of our civilization, using the universal theory of evolution, we have the opportunity to study the early stages of cosmic evolution using space telescopes such as Hubble to see the beginning of the formation of galaxies and observe evidence of the big bang. For any future civilization that will appear over a trillion years, the Universe will look very different, and early evidence of a big bang, such as cosmic radiation, will gradually diminish.

It is interesting how an alien civilization will perceive the expanding Universe and study phenomena that are gradually disappearing, but which we now take for granted. Will they also make such contradictory statements as those that the universe has always existed and that there will definitely be a big bang again?

Of course, this is just a thought experiment in which it is supposed: predicting the existence of an alien mind, their interpretation of the future, the existence of a space weapon. But this does not fit in with the Fermi paradox. Is it not true that if our civilization on Earth is one of the earliest, then we had to be highly organized and have unlimited possibilities for development? Who knows, but it seems the Universe has unlimited potential to form new worlds, in some of which intelligent life will appear. These worlds will be able to survive humanity, because sooner or later the Earth will die due to the inevitable death of our Sun in about 5 billion years. This research work reminds us of how fast life is. There will be no more of us, and other inhabited planets will continue to exist.

Comments (0)